The first place in Hinduism is given to God. Many gods and goddesses are worshiped in this religion, Iskcon Temple in Delhi. Lord Krishna is one of them. In the Mahabharata, Lord Krishna had guided Arjuna as a charioteer to protect the religion and to destroy the unrighteous. The temple of this Lord Krishna is also called ISKCON temple.
When Lord Krishna took this incarnation, he composed many leela. Something or the other Sikh is hidden in his life. From raising Govardhan mountain to defeating Kalia Nag, there was a huge message hidden in all these leela. The temple of this Lord Krishna is located in Delhi and it is known by the name of ISKCON temple
The famous ISKCON temple is also known as Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple. The temple was founded in 1998 by Achyuta Convidae and is located to the east of Delhi. This temple has been completely built from inside and outside with stones, but the stones have been beautifully carved while constructing it.
ISKCON temples are all over the world. The temple was named after the words of a particular English language – International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON). This spiritual institution was founded by Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada in 1966 in New York
Festival of Janmashtami in ISKCON Temple
The most important deity of this temple is Lord Shri Krishna, hence Janmashtami is celebrated with great enthusiasm in this temple. The excitement starts from 4:30 am on the festival day and starts till late night. On this occasion, a huge procession is carried out, people worship God in special, many cultural programs are organized. A special adornment of Lord Krishna is done on this festival.Basic Information About Iskcon Temple
|Location||Hare Krishna Hills, East of Kailash, New Delhi|
|Nearest Metro Station||Nehru Place Metro Station|
(Radha and Krishna)
|Year Of Establishment||1998|
|Timing||4:30 AM to 1:00 PM
4:00PM to 9:00 PM
Things to do in Iskcon Temple
- There is a museum in this temple, in which all the information about Vedic culture can be found.
- In this museum, bronze statues of all the Gods and Goddess have been kept.
- There is a very big building in this temple. People come from all corners of the world in this building and work to improve the art inside them by doing programs based on Hindu religion.
- Information about all the important events of Ramayana has been given at this place. An attempt has been made to show this information in multimedia.
- This place is shown in the Bhagavad Gita that Lord Krishna has given to Sikhs and the most important thing is that the robots shown in it are made of soil.
- Since it is a religious place it is suggested that you wear decent clothing. Remember to not hurt the people’s sentimentalities that are linked to this place by any unconscious act.
- Be careful about temple timings to ensure that your trip goes smoothy.
- Photography is not allowed in this place. You will not be allowed to carry camera inside.
- Be careful about some of the local vendors and their dubious claims. They can fool you into buying something that is a complete waste of money.
- Respect the local customs that are followed in the temple.
Best Time to visit In Iskon Temple
The temple remains open throughout the year. But the best time to celebrate Shri Krishna Janmashtami is during the month of September. But apart from this you will always find pleasing view to see the temple.
How to Reach In Iskcon Temple
Nehru Place Station (on the Violet Line) is the nearest metro station to the temple. The temple is located 5 km from Nizamuddin railway station and 12 km from New Delhi railway station. IGI Airport is located at a distance of 20 km from ISKCON Temple.