The Parliament House is one of the most attractive structures in Delhi. There is a hall in the House which is a circular car. This hall is considered to be an important part of the Parliament House, as the Indian Constitution was drafted at this place.
There is a Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, and a library room inside the House. There is a garden in the middle of these three rooms. There is also a facility of stay of ministers, Rajya Sabha, important officers of Lok Sabha, Speaker and Parliamentary Committees inside the House.
There is also a museum in the House in which you can learn about India’s democracy. Light video and sound videos are also available in it. The House is an open verandah with about 144 pillars.
History of Parliament House
The Parliament of India was designed by British architects Edwin Lutyens and Herbert Baker. Construction of this building was started in 2921 by the Duke of Connaught. The Parliament House was inaugurated in 1927 by Lord and Lady Irwin.Basic Information About Parliament House
|Location||Sansad Marg, Gokul Nagar, Connaught Place, New Delhi|
|Nearest Metro Station||Central Secretariat Metro Station|
Except Sunday and Monday
|Entry Fees||Rs.10-Rs.15 (INDIAN)|
Interesting Facts About Parliament House in India
- The House was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and Sir Herbert Baker.
- The foundation of the House was laid in 1921.
- This building covers an area of about six acres.
- This attractive building has 144 creamy pillars of 27 feet high built of sandstone.
- The central hall of the building is circular in shape, it is said to be one of the most magnificent domes in the world.
- The Chamber of this building has a seating area for 550 members.
- There is parking space for 212 cars in the House.
Best Time to Visit
You should visit Parliament House during the months of February to March and September to November only. The weather of Delhi is very pleasant in these months. You should avoid traveling here during the summer season as Delhi’s temperature rises a lot during this season, which is not suitable for travelers.
How to Reach Parliament House in India
You can easily reach the Parliament House of Delhi by metro. The nearest metro station here is the Central Secretariat Metro Station. Buses are not allowed to be close to Parliament, so do not use the bus. You can hire a taxi or auto, which is the best option to travel.